ABN: 4604 360 0274
Board Member - Inscape Tasmania Inc.
Founding member of Inscape Tas; a philanthropic organisation that supports artists to operate in non-arts and health based environments June 2015 onwards www.inscape.org.au
Senior Arts Consultant - Kylie Eastley Consultancy
Dec 2009 - Current
Working as a freelance Curator, Producer & Arts Manager. Detailed information about projects is available at www.kylieeastley.com.au
Curator - RACT Insurance Tasmanian Portraiture Prize, 2018
Delivering a statewide art competition for under 30 year old portrait artists and curating the touring of shortlisted entries. My role as Curator with TPP has been since 2014.
Consultant - Revising the Huon Valley Arts and Heritage Strategy and Action Plan
Feb - Sept 2018
Working with Michael Gordon from PDF Consultants to deliver a new five year strategy for Huon Valley Council and the broader community.
Project Manager – delivering a six-month skill sharing pilot project funded by the Tas Community Fund
Wide Angle Tasmania
Early September 2017 – April 10, 2018
Curator & Project Manager - Cradle Mountain Wilderness Gallery Redevelopment
Providing Project Design, Management & Curatorial services to RACT to redevelop the Cradle Mountain Wilderness Gallery. Establishment of an Exhibition and Residency program, redesign of a 10-room gallery and ongoing Curating of an annual exhibition program.
June 2016 – January 31, 2018
Media Coordinator - Moonah Taste of the World – Glenorchy City Council
Invited to join the team five weeks prior to the event to develop a media strategy to promote and profile the MToW.
Visual Arts Officer - Moonah Arts Centre
Responsible for curating, managing and scheduling the Visual Arts Program for the Moonah Arts Centre.
Oct 2015 – April 2016
Community Marketing Coordinator - Ten Days (Tasmanian International Arts Festival)
Developing community engagement, support and promotion of the state-wide festival.
Nov 2014 – May 2015
Community Engagement and Training Design - Health Tasmania (formerly Tas Medicare Local – TML) in partnership with Neighbourhood Houses Tasmania
Community Development Training Development & Delivery to 25 community houses across Tasmania & writing a related Community Development manual
2015 - 2016
Communications Manager - Tasmanian Writers Centre
Providing marketing, media and communications to support writing in Tasmania.
Oct 2013 – June 2014
Regional Arts Development Officer - Tasmanian Regional Arts
Working as part of the TRA team to promote, support and develop arts and cultural programs in regional Tasmania.
Oct 2009 – November 2012
Project Manager-Social Enterprise - Tasmanian Regional Arts
Undertaking a 3 year Social Enterprise project funded by the Westpac Foundation supporting community arts organizations to develop relevant ventures to attract additional funding to support projects. www.branchingout.blogspot.com.au
Coordinator, Co-founder, Writer & Editor - WriteResponse.blogspot.com.au
An independent online reviewing blog profiling the arts across the state. This is a volunteer position with funding sourced to support writers to attend festivals and events.
May 2009 - Current
Research Associate - University of Tasmania
Author of Tasmanian Social Enterprises; Capturing their Stories 2012 and Co-author of the Tasmanian Social Enterprise Study and Report 2011 with the Institute for Regional Development, UTAS.
Dec 2009 - 2012
Freelance writer - Independent Publishers
Writing for Enterprise Tasmania, Feast magazine & Strata Press and other publications within Tasmania.
Nov 2010 - 2012
Film Distribution Consultant - Big hART Inc.
Identifying International, National & Local Film Festival & distribution avenues. Development of a media/marketing package & associated material. www.bighart.org
14 October 2008 - Feb 2009
External Assessor - Screen Tasmania
Working as a freelance consultant to assess funding applications through the Screen Tasmania grants program.
August 2008 - Current
Community Development Coordinator - Derwent Valley Community House
Community House manager; Developing & implementing relevant community projects such as ArtHouse an exhibition profiling isolated artists, adult learning programs and community engagement projects.
Nov 2005 - Nov 2008
Tasmanian Manager - Creative Producer & National Media & Marketing Manager - Big hART Inc.
Strategic and on the ground role to develop and implement community arts projects with a focus on inclusion, partnerships, skill development, mentoring and sustainability.
2000 - 2005
- Author of Community Development Project Management Training & Manual 2015
- Author of Learning from Branching Out; An Exploration of social enterprise in the Tasmanian Arts Sector Feb 2013
- Author of Tasmanian Social Enterprises; Capturing their Stories 2012. A publication produced with the support of the Institute for Regional Development, UTAS.
- Co-author of the Tasmanian Social Enterprise Study 2011 a UTAS and Tasmania Government initiative mapping social enterprise in Tasmania.
- Co-author of the Tasmanian Crime Prevention & Community Safety Directory–a 1st for the state launched by the Minister for Justice–1998
- Wilderness Gallery awarded joint winner, along with the Apt Railway, of the Cradle Coast Regional Tourism Awards for Visitor Experience
- Judging for the Tasmanian Art Society Awards 2017
- Judging for the Royal Hobart Show Art Prize 2017
- Judging for the Tasmanian Media Awards 2017 & 2018
- Nominated for the Telstra Business Woman of the Year Award, 2016
- Judging panel for Kingborough Art Prize 2016
- Creative Producer/Director– Tarkine in Motion – Festival of Voices July 2015
- Social Enterprise Scholarship recipient to undertake the Tasmanian Leaders Program 2013
- Reviewer at the Sydney Biennale 2012
- AbaF (Creative Partnerships) Good Practice Recognition 2011 – awarded for pro bono work with individual artists
- Presenter at the Volunteering Tasmania Conference in Hobart, Tasmania May 2011.
- International blogger for The Huffington Post reporting on the Social Enterprise World Forum, San Francisco April 2010. One of two chosen to travel to the US to cover the event.
- JUNCTION 2010 Regional Arts Australia Conference - presenter
- Producer-ARTHOUSE 2007-showcasing Derwent Valley painters & photographers
- Script writer–Bronze Medal entry for International LivCom Awards in Barcelona, Spain for Derwent Valley Council presentation
- Producer-Blues & Art Sale 2005-curated, promoted & managed works by 29 artists
- Creative Producer-Big hART’s Radio Holiday project & media, marketing, PR & production support for the Ten Days on the Island 2005 performance
- Publicist-Melbourne Festival 2005-Radio Holiday
- Publicist & Production support-Sydney Opera House show–kNOT@Home 2004
- Publicist & Production support-International Federation for the Teaching of English Conference-kNOT@Home 2004
- Publicist & Director support to Scott Rankin -Beasty Grrrl in Ten Days on the Island – 2005
- Commendation at the World Town Planning Day Awards – Community Safety Kit – Glenorchy City Council 1997
- Co-author on the 1st Tasmanian Crime Prevention & Community Safety Directory-launched by the Minister for Justice 1998
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Certificate IV in Arts Administration–Academy of the Arts 2008
- Wide Angle Camera Operators Course–2007
- University of Tasmania, School of Fine Arts Feb 1995-Dec 1996
REFEREES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST